Coco Chanel was born on August 19, 1883 in Saumur, Maine-et-Loire, France. She was a costume designer, known for La règle du jeu (1939), Tonight or Never (1931) and Le sang d'un poète (1932). She died on January 10, 1971 in Paris, France. In this article, we will talk about Coco Chanel's Biography including Net Worth, Age, Birthday, Height, Weight, Family, Children etc.
Coco Chanel Biography
To know her complete profile, check the following table.
|Birth Name/Full Name||:||Gabrielle Bonheur Chanel|
|Other Name (s)||:||Gabrielle Chanel ,|
La Maison Chanel ,
Chanel of Paris
|Date of Birth||:||August 19, 1883|
|Birthplace||:||Saumur, Maine-et-Loire, France|
|Profession (s)||:||Costume Designer ,|
Costume and Wardrobe Department
You may like:
Coco Chanel Age in 2022 and Birthday Info
In this section, we will add Coco Chanel's birthday-related information. Coco Chanel was born in Saumur, Maine-et-Loire, France on August 19, 1883.She died on in Paris, France (undisclosed). Check the below table for more information.
|Date of Birth||:||August 19, 1883|
|Birth Place||:||Saumur, Maine-et-Loire, France|
|Date of Death||:||1971-1-10|
|Death Place||:||Paris, France (undisclosed)|
|Next Birthday||:||19 August, 2023|
Coco Chanel Height and Weight
Now we are going to add Coco Chanel's Height (In Meter, Centi Meter, and Feet-Inches) and Weight (In Kilogram and Pounds). As weight changes frequently, we may not have the current weight of Coco Chanel. The height of Coco Chanel is 1.69 m. Check the below table to see in more units.
|Height in Meter||:||1.69 m.|
|Height in Centimeter||:||169 cm.|
|Height in Feet-inches||:||5'7"|
|Weight in Kilogram||:||- kg|
|Weight in Pounds||:||- lb|
Coco Chanel Family (Spouse, Children, Parents, Siblings, Relatives)
In this section, we will add Coco Chanel's complete family information including her martial status, husbandorwife, children, parents, relatives, and siblings.
|Marital Status||:||Yet to update|
|Parents (Father and Mother)||:||-|
Coco Chanel Social Accounts (Facebbok, Instagram, Twitter, Website)
In this section, we will add Coco Chanel's Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and personal website.
|:||Coco Chanel Facebook|
|:||Coco Chanel Instagram|
|:||Coco Chanel Twitter|
|Personal Website||:||Coco Chanel Webiste|
Coco Chanel Net Worth in 2022
You might be interested to know what was the net worth of Coco Chanel at time when she died. The net worth of Coco Chanel was $100 Million. We do not guarantee the net worth of Coco Chanel is the exact amount. This is based on several sources on the internet.
Coco Chanel Facts and Trivia
Here is the list of top facts about Coco Chanel.
- Was played by Katharine Hepburn in the 1970 Alan Jay Lerner/ André Previn Broadway musical Coco.
- Declared that Katharine Hepburn (at 60) was "too old" to play her in the Broadway musical Coco.
- Loved camellias.
- Her perfume, Chanel No. 5, is the first perfume to be a blend of many floral scents, rather than smelling like a single type of flower.
- Took on the nickname Coco after her 1905 performance of the song, "Qui qu'a vu Coco dans le Trocadero" for a crowd of uniformed admirers at La Rotande, a music hall in a small, provincial town.
- Learned to sew while attending a convent school.
- She sprayed all of her atelier fitting rooms with Chanel No. 5.
- Popularized the sun-tanned look in the 1920s after appearing on her vacation yacht with a sun tan. Prior to that, porcelain white skin was popular, because it was believed that only people of lower class worked in the sun and were therefore tan.
- Worked for Sergei Diaghilev in 1924-1928 as costume designer for his "Russian Seasons" in collaboration with Pablo Picasso.
- Her mother died of tuberculosis.
- After their mother's death, Coco and her sister went to live at a local orphanage. Eventually the girls were claimed by their aunts.
-  Engaged to Paul Iribe.
- She was the second daughter of Henri-Albert Chanel and Eugénie Jeanne Dévolles. She was born out of wedlock until her parents married on November 17, 1884. In marrying Jeanne, Albert legalized his paternity, and Coco and her sister Julia's names were recorded in the "livret de famille," the handbook issued to every couple for registration of births and deaths.
- Her older sister Julia was born on September 11, 1882.
- Her birth certificate is misleading - her father's surname and hers were misspelt due to a clerical error as "Chasnel". Her father's surname on his own birth certificate had also been misspelt as "Charnet". The mistake on his birth certificate was not corrected in official records until 1878 when a court decree stated that Charnet be replaced on the certificate by Chanel, which is the true name.
- She retired in 1938 and made a successful comeback in 1954.
- Famous writer Françoise Sagan said on French TV, that Coco Chanel was fiercely antisemitic: "I liked her work, but I didn't like her at all. I found her disgusting, nasty, cruel, antisemitic. I had dinner with her twice. Each time I left early...because of her offensive antisemitic opinions. I didn't like that. We were pretty much at odds." [from Les guerres de Coco Chanel (2019), translated].
- The day when Coco Chanel was born was Sunday.
Below you can find the most frequently asked questions about Coco Chanel in the context of this article.
What was the Net Worth of Coco Chanel?
Where is the birthplace of Coco Chanel?
How old was Coco Chanel?
How tall was Coco Chanel?
was Coco Chanel married?
The information on this page about Coco Chanel's Net worth, Age, Height, Family, etc is based on Wikipedia, IMDB, Forbes, and other trusted online sources. If you notice anything wrong, contact us. Hope you enjoyed the article. Do not hesitate to share your thoughts in the comment section.