Guy Green is well known to film audiences. Formerly a cinematographer, he was the first British D.P. to receive an Academy Award for his black-and-white photography on David Lean's Great Expectations (1946). He founded the British Society of Cinematographers together with Freddie Young and Jack Cardiff. In this article, we will talk about Guy Green's Biography including Net Worth, Age, Birthday, Height, Weight, Family, Children etc.
Guy Green Biography
Green worked with Lean on several films, and it was this close association that inspired him to give up cinematography at the height of his career to become a director. While directing two early pictures, House of Secrets (1956) and Sea of Sand (1958), Green became associated with actors Richard Attenborough and Michael Craig, and The Angry Silence (1960) was first conceived when the three were involved in filming "Sea Of Sand" in the 140-degree heat of the Libyan desert. The film became a landmark in the careers of all concerned, and brought Green international attention. It was Britain's first entry at the Berlin Film Festival, where it won the International Critic's Award.
"The Angry Silence" was followed by The Mark (1961), which was critically applauded both in the US and Europe. Rod Steiger and Stuart Whitman give outstanding performances and Whitman was nominated for an Academy Award as Best Actor. The picture received the Samuel Goldwyn International Award and many other accolades.
Next came Light in the Piazza (1962), Green's first American production for MGM, followed by Diamond Head (1962) and the much acclaimed A Patch of Blue (1965). The screenplay for "Patch Of Blue," which was written by Green, was nominated for a Writer's Guild award and later received five Academy nominations, including Best Actress for newcomer Elizabeth Hartman. Shelley Winters received an Academy Award for her supporting performance as the mother.
Green then directed Luther (1974), the screen version of John Osborne's play, for the prestigious American Film Theater, with Stacy Keach in the leading role. Jacqueline Susann's Once Is Not Enough (1975) followed and subsequently he has directed a number of important made-for-television movies.
Born in the west of England, Green had a love of movies at a very young age. His first job was as a projectionist aboard the ocean liner The Majestic, which brought him to America for the first time. He also worked in London as a portrait photographer and as an assistant cameraman for an advertising agency. Eventually he managed to land a job as a camera assistant at Shepperton Studios in London and worked his way up from there.
He met his wife Josephine while they were both working on David Lean's Oliver Twist (1948)/ They have two children, Marilyn and Michael, who both work in the film industry.
To know his complete profile, check the following table.
|Birth Name/Full Name||:||Guy Mervin Charles Green|
|Other Name (s)||:||-|
|Date of Birth||:||November 05, 1913|
|Birthplace||:||Frome, Somerset, England, UK|
|Profession (s)||:||Director ,|
Camera and Electrical Department
You may like:
Guy Green Age in 2023 and Birthday Info
In this section, we will add Guy Green's birthday-related information. Guy Green was born in Frome, Somerset, England, UK on November 05, 1913.He died on in Beverly Hills, California, USA (heart and kidney failure). Check the below table for more information.
|Date of Birth||:||November 05, 1913|
|Birth Place||:||Frome, Somerset, England, UK|
|Date of Death||:||2005-9-15|
|Death Place||:||Beverly Hills, California, USA (heart and kidney failure)|
|Next Birthday||:||05 November, 2023|
Guy Green Height and Weight
Now we are going to add Guy Green's Height (In Meter, Centi Meter, and Feet-Inches) and Weight (In Kilogram and Pounds). As weight changes frequently, we may not have the current weight of Guy Green.
|Height in Meter||:||- m.|
|Height in Centimeter||:||- cm.|
|Height in Feet-inches||:||-|
|Weight in Kilogram||:||- kg|
|Weight in Pounds||:||- lb|
Guy Green Family (Spouse, Children, Parents, Siblings, Relatives)
In this section, we will add Guy Green's complete family information including his martial status, husbandorwife, children, parents, relatives, and siblings.
|Spouse (s)||:||Josephine (? - ?) (2 children)|
|Parents (Father and Mother)||:||-|
Guy Green Social Accounts (Facebbok, Instagram, Twitter, Website)
In this section, we will add Guy Green's Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and personal website.
|:||Guy Green Facebook|
|:||Guy Green Instagram|
|:||Guy Green Twitter|
|Personal Website||:||Guy Green Webiste|
Guy Green Net Worth in 2023
Are you curious to know what was the net worth of Guy Green at time when he died. The net worth of Guy Green was $16 Million. We do not guarantee the net worth of Guy Green is the exact amount. This is based on several sources on the internet.
Guy Green Facts and Trivia
Here is the list of top facts about Guy Green.
- First met David Lean while filming One of Our Aircraft Is Missing (1942), because editor Lean was dissatisfied with a bumpy tracking shot by camera operator Green.
- He was awarded the O.B.E. (Officer of the Order of the British Empire) in the 2004 Queen's New Year's Honours List in Diplomatic Services and Overseas for British film industry in America.
- A founding member of the British Society of Cinematographers.
- He received a special award from the British Academy of Film and Television Arts in 2001 for his outstanding contribution to world cinema.
- In 1947, with Great Expectations (1946), he became the first British director of cinematography to win an Oscar for best black-and-white cinematography.
- Was a leading figure in cinema in both the United States and United Kingdom for over 40 years
- According to his wife Josephine, A Patch of Blue (1965) was his proudest work because he not only directed but also wrote and co-produced the film.
- Directed four actors to Oscar nominations: Stuart Whitman (Best Actor, The Mark (1961)), Elizabeth Hartman (Best Actress, A Patch of Blue (1965)), Shelley Winters (Best Supporting Actress, A Patch of Blue (1965)), and Brenda Vaccaro (Best Supporting Actress, Once Is Not Enough (1975)). Winters won an Oscar for her performance.
- Entered the film industry almost as soon as he left school.
- Became an assistant cameraman working at British International pictures at Elstree and graduated to cameraman working at Denham.
- The day when Guy Green was born was Wednesday.
Below you can find the most frequently asked questions about Guy Green in the context of this article.
What was the Net Worth of Guy Green?
Where is the birthplace of Guy Green?
How old was Guy Green?
How tall was Guy Green?
was Guy Green married?
The information on this page about Guy Green's Net worth, Age, Height, Family, etc is based on Wikipedia, IMDB, Forbes, and other trusted online sources. If you notice anything wrong, contact us. Hope you enjoyed the article. Do not hesitate to share your thoughts in the comment section.